New Year is always something we look forward to. To be a better person, to right our wrongs, and most importantly, to pursue new goals. These new beginnings deserve a great start, in vigor, pomp, and show, but not at the cost of polluting mother earth. How to do so? How to celebrate New Year in a eco friendly style?
Here are 8 ideas that you can implement into your new year parties to minimize your waste production and keep your house and surroundings clean.
1. Parties are fun! Agreed. But do you party responsibly? Taking your individual vehicles to go to the same party is you being irresponsible and adding to the carbon footprint. Instead, you can gather a group and simply take a single vehicle or a cab to the party. Sure, you might not be able to show off your flashy new car but on a more serious note, you can save lots of money which would otherwise be spent on fuel and lessen your carbon footprint.
2. Use those Ecards. Most of us are glued to our smartphones so why not make use of it? Thousands of tons of paper is wasted on miscellaneous things every year, why add to it yourself? Greeting cards made from paper are old-school anyway, and people check emails more than regular mails. Be smart and switch to Ecards, not only are they beautiful and customisable, but also free!
3. Disco balls and strobe lights may add a little life to the party but are they completely necessary? Probably not. As stupid as it may sound, sometimes things done in a simple way can say volumes. Everyone puts up disco balls and strobe lights in their party, but you can be different and use candles in your own creative ways to lighten up the party, both literally and metaphorically.
4. Consider a quiet night. All that noise and heavy music can be exhilarating but it’s definitely a pain for the neighbors. Why not put on some light music and bask in the thoughts of your year that’s gone now and plan for the upcoming year? Share your views, listen to other people’s thoughts and socialize in a less adrenaline filled way.
5. New year parties call for new clothes but tone down on your selection of clothes a bit. Consider buying clothes that you could wear for multiple functions rather than spending a bomb and then placing it away forever. You could also use other similar clothes that you had put away, in case you forgot. The wardrobe is a box full of old treasures.
6. Use eco-friendly tableware to serve your guests. Products that Leaf Basket provides can save the day, or rather night, as they are made from leaves and are completely biodegradable and serve the same purpose of any other tableware. The only waste leftover from the party would be the food, which you can manage.
7. Speaking of food, plan your guests and cook or order food accordingly. Parties can be tough, sure, the guest list isn’t foolproof, but you can put away the leftover food for later consumption or just donate it to organisations that accept them to feed the poor hungry souls in the city.
8. Set up an eco-friendly theme for the night. This would not only make the party more fun, but also pool in new and creative ideas to help the earth be green again! Nobody likes to clean up after a long party, and non-recyclable waste will only add to that. Use these tips and keep your environment clean and take pride in being a responsible human being.
Read our other articles :